- Closed For a Private Event
- ScoBar Entertainment presents Don Most (of Happy Days) Sings & Swings: Sinatra, Dino Darin & More! - $35 General Admission / $50 Preferred Seating
- The Global Groove Evening of Filtron M - Astoria Roots & Prasanna - $25
- Willy Porter - $30
- Jon Hendricks - $35
- John Abercrombie Trio with Jared Gold and Adam Nussbaum - $30 General Admission / $40 Preferred Seating
10/04 8:00 PM & 10PM - $30.00
with very Special Guests
Scott Sharrard (of the Gregg Allman Band)
Tomo Fujita (Berklee College of Music Professor)
“I play to connect with you, and I want to take you on a shared journey, note for note.”
Guitar virtuoso Matt Schofield
British guitar virtuoso Matt Schofield explodes onto the scene with an approach that channels the British Soul of Winwood and Clapton, the blues of Albert Collins and the Three Kings, the musical excursions of Hendrix, the improvisation of Oscar Peterson and the New Orleans funk of the Meters into a uniquely personal sound that makes a heart connection with his audience.
Already the subject of major features in Guitar Player, Premier Guitar, Vintage Guitar and Guitarist magazines at only 34 years old, Schofield’s unique sound is built on a peerless blues pedigree: Guitar & Bass magazine’s “Top 10 British Blues Guitarists of All Time” (along with Peter Green and Eric Clapton), 2012 British Blues Awards “Guitarist of the Year” (three years running) and headline performance at the prestigious T-Bone Walker Blues Fest.
With his 2011 release of Anything But Time, produced by 9-time Grammy winner John Porter, Schofield moved boldly forward to a unique fusion of rock, funk and blues that’s original, new and now. Powered by his innovative compositions, uplifting vocals and transcendent guitar tone, Schofield connects in a way that only the special ones do. You’ll want to be here on October 4th so that you can feel that connection, too.
More on Matt Schofield:
- Main Stage performer at North Sea Blues Festival along with Paul Simon and BB King.
- 2-time headline performer at Montreal Jazz Festival.
- Performed with Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Robben Ford, Gary Clark, Jr., Pee Wee Ellis, more.
- At Bob Weir’s invitation, in Jan. 2012 performed a full concert via live webcast from Weir’s new, state-of-the-art TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA.
- With the publication of Matt Schofield’s Blues Guitar Artistry by Hal Leonard, joined Buddy Guy, Eric Johnson, and Joe Bonamassa, who also have DVDs produced by Hal Leonard.
No. 1 Blues Album of 2011
Blues Pick of 2011
-BBC R2 National Radio
Guitarist of the Year - British Blues Awards 2010 & 2011